What’s going on inside the hoop house we built?
1) Garden beds of Price Farm Organics soil from City Folks Farm Shop and peat moss over cardboard broken by walking paths of landscape cloth covered by mulch. Alas any gaps between the cardboard and cloth are already growing weeds…
2) Seedlings hardening off on the hardware-cloth shelves.
3) Strawberry plants under the shelves where water drains down from seedlings.
4) Cold-tolerant food like kales, lettuces, and beets.
5) Friends and family hanging out. The hoop house is always warmer than the outside; on the days reaching 70 deg F recently, the
hoop house sauna was positively steamy!