• Moonshine With Mitten Paws

by  • November 6, 2012 • Family, Featured, Gardening & Pets • 9 Comments

moonshine kitten

Meet Moonshine, our new kitten!

mitten paws kitten

Moonshine’s mama was dumped, pregnant, on a friend’s farm. On August 6, our kitten was born with white mitten paws.

Lil suggested the name after reading the book Pumpkin Moonshine, an old story about Jack-o-lanterns. Who were we to refuse a name that references the ultimate DIY activity?

moonshine kitten with hounds

The hounds are confused by this furry creature who has captured our attention. They spent all day yesterday staring at her. Moonshine is very tolerant of their snarfling though she hisses and runs when the dogs get too close.

moonshine kitten with Lil

‘Kitten’ has topped Lil’s gift wish lists for years. Moonshine is a promise fulfilled, a new addition as thrilling as a sip of illicit booze.

9 Responses to Moonshine With Mitten Paws

1. November 6, 2012 at 8:53 am

I am so happy she finally got her kitty. She is definitely cute. In my house I don’t know who wants a dog the most, but I am sure it is on the top of the list after our move.

• November 7, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Thanks! Adding a new pet to the mix before we are even unpacked is a little crazy but it has given everyone some joy amidst the perpetual work. I can’t wait to see your dog!

2. November 6, 2012 at 6:33 pm

She is darling! I thought there was a cat allergy in your family… does ADORABLE KITTEN SYNDROME surpass it?

• November 7, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Wow, good memory! Yes, Alex is allergic to cats. Because we already choose mostly solid surface furniture and are keeping the kitten in only the main living spaces, he thinks he will be ok. If not, we’ll stock up on antihistamines.

3. November 6, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Aww,what a cute kitty. Congrats Lil on becoming a kitty-momma.

• November 7, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Thanks! She is taking her role very seriously and even cleaning up the litter box thus far.

4. Pingback: How to Make and Cook with Pork LardHarmonious Homestead

5. Pingback: Pumpkin Moonshines {Wordless Wednesday} | Harmonious HomesteadHarmonious Homestead

6. Pingback: Devorguilla, The Original Baying Hound {Obituary} | Harmonious HomesteadHarmonious Homestead